Friday, April 10, 2009

I am done with QuickenOnline!

I have now deleted all of my quicken online accounts

Let me explain the straw that broke it for me. I just downloaded and synchronized my Mac quicken. Even though I hadn't use it in a few weeks it went mostly smooth and I was able to reconcile all of the outstanding items. It matched very well and the payee information downloaded from my bank looked like reasonable transactions:

Sample Sam's Club. Showed up in Mac as Sam's Club, in QuickenOnline it showed up as: Check Card Purchase XXXXX7509 as did all of my purchases.

My bank provides additional information about the transaction that the Mac version of Quicken pulls in but the online version does not.

It seems dreadfully wrong that as you advance into the online world products would become LESS USEFUL. I CANNOT ADEQUATELY EXPRESS MY LEVEL OF DISAPPOINTMENT.

I AM TRULY AMAZED AT THE LACK OF QUALITY OF THIS OFFERING.



The statement below is clearly created by someone under the age of 25, and is why I will be looking for some other way and perhaps even going so far as to break all ties to Quicken.

Reconciling - Reconciling is useful for matching up your paper checkbook register with the transactions on your bank statement. But who keeps a paper checkbook register these days? With Quicken Online, you're seeing your bank's transactions right on the screen. To match up your receipts with your bank's list of transactions, you can make an entry in the Note field for each transaction as you check it off as valid.

4 comments:

Scott Hayden said...

I love your reference to the 25 year old, having had to have written the reconciling text, especially with stating the thing about no one maintaining a paper check register. This is very true but not because they have automated this process with some tool, but because THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAINTAIN A CHECK REGISTER! This is a very easy and practical thing that they could be taught in school, but no, they have to memorize facts so that they can pass a NCLB test, or sit through worthless abstinence lectures.

Unknown said...

CLASSIC BRESZ FLIP OUT LANGUAGE: "I CANNOT ADEQUATELY EXPRESS MY LEVEL OF DISAPPOINTMENT. " AWESOME. And hey, what do you have against 25 year olds?

Frank Bresz said...

Fun answer from support.


https://quickenonline.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/quickenonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7149

James Hammond said...

I am glad you also hate it! It was a huge disappointment when it didn't measure up to the standard I expected. Moved onto Mint.com which works great and I highly recommend.