Friday, April 10, 2009

Wiki Sorting Problems

Today I was looking up something about HBO. I noticed that there were a few tables on the site. I wanted to see what was the first show that they had produced. I tried to sort by broadcast date. Much to my dismay the sort was skewed. This seems to be yet another example of "get it close" "call it a day". I remember studying the various types of sorts and the efficiency thereof in my very first computer science class. It is truly unfortunate the state that things have become. I can't describe precisely how to fix this because the Wiki stuff is "needlessly complex". Here's the site

Quick Screen shot - last time I checked 2009 was after 1973 - then again perhaps it was because I clicked some of those links (see how they are red) - then again that shouldn't matter should it!?!?!

No comments: